Wednesday 21 November 2012

Detox psych styleeee

Well finally I was admitted to an acute psych ward to begin my opiate detox, but what was meant to be a britlofex (lofexidine) turned into a nightmare due to my extreme low blood pressure. In the end each dose was denied to me as was deemed too dangerous.

Cold, shivering and frightened i turned up at the ward with all my luggage literally shaking with anticipation of the unexpected as it was a new way id never before tried. I said my goodbyes to parents and children and in i went through the secure doors!! OMG I was refused entry as the date was put back for the 4th time, i returned  home devastated and disappointed i felt so deflated having being all hyped up for the date.
So back i went yet again yet 3 days later having barely unpacked my things from the previous visit and finally was shown to a dirty but clinical room.


1 comment:

  1. I found lofexadine to be really helpfull when ever I took it, I used to use it when I'd been using on top of my script and needed to give a clean sample without going through any sleepless nights or troublesome withdrawals. Drug workers told me it relieved between 60-80% of withdrawal symptons (excluding stomach cramps). About 10yrs ago Dr's used to hand it out to anyone wanting to do a home detox so it was fairly easy to get hold of, but after a few people used on top of it and went over they clamped right down on it & would only prescribe it under supervision which entailed having your blood pressure read every day.
    Some people however didn't get on with it at all and claimed it didn't really help and just monged them out.
    Anyway, it's good to hear you're doing OK. X

    ReplyDelete