Wednesday 9 May 2012

Big decision...

After literally months of visiting rehabs all over England, and hours of research, reading and phonecalls I have narrowed it down to 2 treatment centres, the only problem is they are vastly different. One is a TC- therapeutic community, behaviour based, with a structure where you work your way up through the programme gaining increased responsibility and role modelling behaviour for your peers. There's group therapy but what's different  is about 4 hours (broken into 2 sessions am and pm) of manual hard labour! There are many good reasons for this which I strongly agree with, but I am a full time mommy Im very busy and I run a home aswell, Never am I sat on my backside doing sweet FA!! And I am aware that many junkies do just that, as would I given half a chance! but in my situation that is simply not the case.
The second treatment centre is 12 step based, but that only really means you are ferried to a fellowship meeting every evening, the group therapy, anger management, stress workshops, recovery lectures are all similar to the other place.
I feel both would benefit me greatly, Im not afraid of some hard work or pain, well I am but I have come to accept it maybe precisely what I need, and I am willing to do anything for recovery, whatever it may take. I dont feel either would provide a softer option, at the 12 step one you are still responsible for housework, cooking and cleaning for 20 people etc, its just the treatment is presented with a different philosophy.
Maybe I am reading too much into it and either will help me if I give it my all, but having said that it doesnt make this decision feel any easier!!

No comments:

Post a Comment