Sunday 14 October 2012

Scouse love

'Babe, just get in!' he yelled at me for the 5th time. But i didnt want to go back up to liverpool, i knew that would mean no gear, (he kept an eye me the whole time) and that meant being ill.
I had no choice if i didnt go he would only pick me up and plonk me in the back anyway, so reluctantly i complied once again with his wishes. I curled up in the back and promptly fell into a deep sleep with the hum of the engine carrying me off into dreamy roads, stretches of bleak motorway and tarmac fields.

Four or five hours later I awoke, I felt clammy and heavy and strangely still tired.
'You dont look too good gal, stay round my sis for a while and get some rest, i'll be back for you later' he shoved me through a strange front door of a house on a small estate, kissed my lips and he was gone.

His big sister was plump, pretty and had a big warm smile. She welcomed me into her sitting room, made me a sweet cuppa tea, and tucked me up on her sofa with a duvet, and flicked the tv on for me. (she must have thought I was ill, not sure what the other half had told her)

Again i fell asleep, this time i awoke it was dark, the room too was dark, with only the light from the tv and street lights casting a surreal orange glow into the room. I was soaking wet, drenched, and ice cold, as if my very bones had been frozen. I remember thinking 'here we go'. His sis crept in to check on me, i lied and said i was fine and she went off out to her bingo. my heart raced as the panic set in. NO GEAR!! What the hell am i going to do?? Im in a strange city, 5 hours from home, with the most unsympathetic of bf's, and i dont know anyone up here. Terror gripped me, every fibre of my body recoiled and a wave of sickness and intense fear settled in my tummy, rising up slowly towards my chest.
What am i going to do? I knew i needed to come up with a plan, and fast!

1 comment:

  1. will get this one finished tonight didnt realise the time!

    ReplyDelete